2019 TRI-CITY RULES
2017 Tri-City Core Running Rules
1. Weight will be a minimum 3200 lbs. including driver, coming off the track after the main event. No Allowances for Fuel Loss. Left weight rule is 55% with driver belted in 47% rear maximum. *Weight rule is enforced ALL Day.
2. Tri-City cars will run on either the Hoosier 970 series tire, or the American Racer P265 street stock tire. No mixing of tires will be allowed; all 4 tires must be of the same manufacturer.
3. Motors will have a Rochester 2 barrel Carburetor for all manufacturers on a stock 2 barrel cast iron intake manifold.
*Spec. Headers are allowed; SCHOENFELD ONLY:
SCH-185 72-87 MALIBU/MONTE/GP/CUTLASS/REGAL/70-81 CAMARO
SCH-185M SAME AS 185, BUT FITS STOCK MANUAL CLUTCH LINKAGE
SCH-165 70-81 CAMARO/75-79 NOVA/64-77 CHEVELLE/72-77 MONTE
SCH-115 67-69 CAMARO/68-74 CHEVY2-NOVA
* 1.625" PRIMARIES, 3.0" COLLECTOR. One tube on the right side can be altered to clear upper A-arm.
4. Crate motors will be allowed but must follow the specific rules outlined in the TMS rule book and attached here.
5. Minimum 6-inch ground clearance to bottom of frame rail. Camaro’s measured at the door sill. Secondary point of reference of 4” where the sub-frame would meet the floor.
6. Cars must register at the WL race date and pay the $50 registration fee to be eligible for championship points.
7. All other rules will be as per each driver’s club membership’s rule book, which they must be able to produce at the discretion of the tech man. No club = No racing. Mystery Tech. Envelopes will be used after the main events.